I love these blogposts. The ones where you learn something about another blogger. I stole this from Tanya at Dear Max who stole it from Nafisa over at Wired to the Web – Nafisa does this every year with the same questions, which is such a great idea. So here is goes. My first (stolen x 2) post about the year that was…….
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think that I made any. My New Years resolution for 2014 is to be happy. Not to sweat the small stuff and just enjoy every day. I spent way to much of 2013 stressing about silly things that were out of my control.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
I spent New Years eve with my family. Went down to the beach to watch the fireworks, then crawled onto the couch and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (The old one, which is the best one) with my daughter.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. But I did go to a funeral.
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t visit any countries. I stuck to the Western Cape. Hopefully 2014 has alot of travelling involved.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More time with my family.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11th May. My wedding day. One of the most amazing days in my life.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving out of my mom’s house and into my home that I share with my family.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being hard on myself over the simplest of things. Fearing that if things are not perfect then I am a failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, diagnosed with underactive Thyroid.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I haven’t bought anything that great, but I have received amazing things.
12. Where did most of your money go?
School Fees and Debt.
13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Any song from Pitch Perfect.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Bones, New Girl and Storage Wars
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
I read so many, very hard to choose a ‘best’ book.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Queen, have always liked their music but 2013 was the year I discovered how amazingly talented they really were.
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
21. What did you do on your birthday
Went out to dinner with my family.
22. What kept you sane?
23. Who did you miss?
My family that are scattered all over the world.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
2013 was not really a year of making new friends, more a year of appreciating the ones I have.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
- Its a good thing to admit when you are wrong.
- You don’t always have to do everything yourself.